- Huge conviction hit me in regards to the topic of this post…
In my posts, I talk a lot about my faith in Jesus. I also focus on what God allows me to do through His Mercy and Grace. As I have people reach out to share with me how things “I” do are inspiring and help to motivate them, I sometimes get frustrated that people aren’t really understanding what I am trying to say. I realized something the other night…I am telling people about these meals and how great they are, but I have not given them the recipe. Without the recipe, I am leaving the most important aspect out of the equation. I am sorry for this inexcusable omission, and I want to eliminate any misconceptions that you may have. I want to leave you with some truths about the path to salvation, and I would love to follow up with you to answer any questions.
1. God has a plan for you—peace and life. God loves you and wants you to experience the peace and life He offers. The Bible says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). He has a plan for you.
2. We, as humans, have a problem—separation from God. We do not automatically have peace with God. You cannot work your way into that status. By nature, we are all separated from Him through sin. The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). God is holy, but we are human and we can never measure up to His perfect standard. We are sinful, and “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).
3. There is good news. There was a solution offered for us—the cross. God’s love bridges the gap of separation between you and Him. When Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave, He paid the penalty for your sins. The Bible says, “‘He Himself bore our sins’ in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; ‘by His wounds you have been healed’” (1 Peter 2:24). God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to pay the debt for our sin.
4. In this day and age, people are looking for an answer in something that fits them and is convenient. There is only one way to secure your eternity—receive Christ. You cross the bridge into God’s family when you accept Christ’s free gift of salvation. The Bible says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).
To receive Christ, one must do the following:
1. Admit you’re a sinner. (We don’t like admitting that we aren’t perfect, so let me start. I am far from perfect.)
2. Ask forgiveness and be willing to turn away from your sins. (We also don’t like change, but it is the most radical and unbelievable change that you can make. It is also hard, as we will constantly feel pulled back into the ways of the world. We, as Christians, need to seek comfort and wisdom in His Word. We also need to seek accountability in other believers.)
3. Believe that Christ died for you on the cross.
4. Receive Christ into your heart and life.
Romans 10:13 says, “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.” Here’s a prayer you can pray to receive Christ:
“Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will. In your name, amen.”
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. I would also love to follow up with you via a phone call (or lunch/coffee if you are close)! Email me so that we can set that up.
I love you all…